3.11.2013

Cadbury Creme Fudge

.  Did anyone else realize that Easter is in March this year?

Not gonna lie, it just seems wrong.  I didn't even know that Easter in March was actually possible.  Well Easter has shown me up obviously.


But regardless, I guess it's about time I pop out an Easter post then, eh?  Can you tell that I've been working on publishing themed posts prior to the actual holiday?  Usually the special days creep up on me so you don't see the recipes that go with the event until after the holiday is over.  Oopsies!

However, I managed to knock out an Easter holiday well in advance this year.  And probably because it's a recipe I pinned last year before Easter but for one reason or another never got to making it.  My bad.


And I'm still not sure why I would put off making one of the most iconic treats known to Easter.  I mean really, who doesn't love those Cadbury Creme Eggs?!  And if you don't, I don't know what you like then.  Because those chocolate cases surrounding creamy, sugary goodness are one of  a kind.  And deliciously addicting.  If it weren't for the fact that you know you probably shouldn't be eating handfuls of them, then I would.  Eat handfuls of them, that is.  Especially those caramel ones.  Nummyyyy!


Anywho, this 'fudge' is super easy.  I'm not quite sure I would call it fudge but at the moment I'm at a loss for another name.  But it's easy because it's a couple of layers of a couple of ingredients and voila, your very own Cadbury creation!

Now I'll be honest [because that's what we do here], this recipe wasn't exactly what I hoped it would be [see My Notes below...].  But ironically, Robbie [who is the KING of all things Cadbury] actually loved these.  He said 'if you like Cadbury Eggs, you'll like these.  They taste just like the real ones.'  And that's a direct quote, no if's, and's, or but's.


So if you're wise, which I know you are, you'll take Robbie's word and get to whippin' this 'fudge' together.  Your Cadbury-lovers will bow at your feet ☺  .


My Notes:
  • The only 'issue' I had with this 'fudge' is the texture.  The [white/yellow] filling was a little thicker than I think I was expecting.  I also think it would be interesting to use milk chocolate chips rather than semisweet to really give it that sweet chocolate flavor.  Lastly, I found that this is the best at room temperature, because the filling gets really gooey and the chocolate is nice and soft.
  • I poured over this recipe quite a bit afterwards because I felt like I could have made it a bit more presentable.  One of the ideas I came up with was using a mini muffin tin and layering the chocolate and filling.  Then you'd end up with a nice little layered Cadbury fudge piece.  Cute, huh?!
  • I did find that the fudge was a bit hard to cute due to the thickness of the chocolate.  So be sure to use a good knife and odds are you won't get perfectly clean cut pieces.  But it still tastes just as good!

Ingredients:
1/2 c. light corn syrup
1/4 c. butter, at room temperature
3 c. powdered sugar
Yellow Food Coloring
1/4 tsp. salt (optional)
2 c. semisweet or milk chocolate chips

Directions:
  1. Line a 8-inch baking dish with wax paper; set aside until ready to use.  In a medium bowl, beat together the light corn syrup and butter.  Slowly mix in powdered sugar and salt until combined [mixture will be very thick].  
  2. Separate one third of the mixture and place into a small bowl.  Add the yellow food coloring until you reach the desired color.
  3. Press the white filling into the prepared pan and top with the yellow filling.
  4. In another medium bowl, melt chocolate chips in microwave until smooth.  Pour the chocolate over the white and yellow filling and spread evenly.
  5. Refrigerate for a couple of hours or until firm before cutting and serving.
Yield: 24 servings

post signature

11 comments:

  1. These. In mah belly. NOW!! Amazing Jess!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good article! Thank you so much for sharing this post. Your views truly open my mind. I will share it with other people.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No matter how you cut it this looks yummy. I do like the mini muffin cup idea but I love anything in mini!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh! This looks amazing! I love those darn eggs. I'm going to have to make this. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love cadbury eggs and this looks fantastic, thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look great even though I'll admit to being one of those people that doesn't really eat the Cadbury eggs (gasp, I know). I prefer homemade versions of everything I guess :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, this looks yummy! We are big fans of Cadbury Cream Eggs so I can't wait to make this for hubby. Pinning now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOIW! They look perfect to me. Store purchased Cadbury eggs are a tad messy (part of the fun right?) and I think these sound and look awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my! I am making this, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am addicted to creme eggs I'm so trying this. I'd love for you to share it over at my link party :D

    http://thevelvetmoonbaker.blogspot.ie/2013/03/sweet-and-savoury-sunday-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have to leave your blog ASAP...I'm gaining weight reading it!! And now I can have cadbury cream eggs YEAR round!!! This is very bad for upcoming swimsuit season! (Well, maybe it will continue with freezing weather & I won't have to wear a swimsuit)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Design By: